My cofounder and I have a B2B startup product for businesses. I’ve spent around 4 months working on it, have a full demo / MVP have met with tons of clients, have delivered 5 proposals and offered free trials, etc., but no one has signed up yet.
- I’m doing this full-time, I don’t have any other income coming in and my allocated funds will run out by end of June.
- My wife and my ‘baby on the way’ are counting on this.
- Beyond the demo/MVP the product doesn’t exist yet, we’re waiting for paying customers (stupid/smart?)
- My technical cofounder is servicing his few recurring clients from an already existing startup.
- As the lead (and only salesman) there is only so many emails/calls I can make to promising prospects to follow-up, the sales cycle and internal approval process (sometimes to head office) needs to take its course
I’m scared to get a full-time job because not only will my heart not be in it, but I’ll likely have to quit after a month or two when some prospects turn into paying customers or agree to the free trial. How can I make calls and meet people with a full-time job?
I am a senior advertising / branding / digital guy, afraid to go out and find more website/social media clients because those custom projects take so much time to execute and will ‘take my eye off the prize’.
I told my wife that by mid-this year I’ll bring in $100k+ somehow (either my product or a job). That would mean approx. 8 to 12 customers signed on our monthly recurring model.
Is seeking investment the answer? I’m afraid that we won’t raise until we have the full product and can demonstrate customer traction.
Is applying to an accelerator program the answer? Same concern as above.
Would value other ideas, thanks for listening.